With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- Ivory Satin Badgley Mischka Womens Fiery Wedge Sandal
- Bea-life Women Leather shoes Woman Flat Flexible Round Toe Nurse Casual Fashion Loafer
- BeautyOriginal Women's Slip On Suede Wedge Wide Low Top Platform Moccasins Loafers Casual shoes
- Beard Moustache Womens Printed Canvas Tennis shoes Low Top Comfortable Sneaker For Women Girls
- BalaMasa Womens Sandals Huarache Cushioning Urethane Sandals ASL04797
- CYBLING Wedge Walking shoes for Women Outdoor Lace up Athletic Breathable Comfort Sneaker
- Giasco C7004I-46 Eagle O2 FO Safety shoes Microwash White Size 46
- Adidas Originals Superstar 80s PK ASG
- Jiahe Men Lace Up Martin Boots Large Size Army Combat Boot PU Leather Patrol Desert Waterproof Non-slip Military shoes For Gentlemen Abrasion Resistant,42
- T-JULY Spring Women Leather shoes Woman Loafers Cutout Ballet Women Flats shoes Flat Nursing Slip On Loafers Women shoes
- ZHZNVX Women's Sheepskin Summer Sandals Low Heel gold Black
- Ghapwe Women's Rhinestone Ankle Booties Low Wedge Heel Side Zipper Fleece Lined Leather Short Snow Boots Black 6.5 M US
- Aldo Women's Oneama Ankle Bootie
- Vans Womens Baby bluee True White SK8-Hi Sneakers
- Studio Pollini Womens The Tracy Mule Dress Sandal
- Jessica Simpson Womens Beeya Ankle Strap Almond Toe Heels
- XIANGBAO-Personality Oxford for Men Low Stacked Heel Lace up Actual Leather Business Conventional Wedding shoes
- Jileon Black Spotted Ankle Height Rain Boots for Women - Widest Fit Boots in The US - Wide in The Foot and Ankle
- Jeffrey Campbell Womens Brutish Knee High Boot
- Nike Mens Lunar Force Leather Padded Insole Fashion Sneakers
- Dockers Men's Slipper Boot with Warm, Synthetic Sherpa Lining, Tan, 13 XXL
- Beach shoes Leather Summer Men's Sandals (22.5-28.5cm),Men's Korean Version of Casual Slippers. Anti-Skid Breathable
- Puma Men's Evospeed 4.5 Tricks It Soccer shoes
- Easy Go Shopping Men's Casual shoes, Comfortable shoes, Cricket shoes (color Brown, Size 45)
- Navy Mesh Clarks Women's Step Allenabay Sneaker
- Lucksender Womens Chunky Heels Over the Knee High Zip Boots
- GEKX Women Sexy High Heel Mules Clogs Black Pointed Toe Platform Mules Ladies Leather Sole Slippers Female
- Step n Style Punjabi Jutti Flat shoes Wedding shoes Khussa shoes Indian shoes Juti
- Pleaser Women's Deluxe-654RS GNS Platform Sandal
- Inov-8 Mens Roclite G 275
- AllhqFashion Women's Solid Low Heels Pull On Round Closed Toe Pumps-shoes
- Women's Snow Boots, Round Head Side Zipper Martin Boots Ladies Fall Winter New Butterfly Knot Solid color Flat Heel Fashion Boots (color A, Size 36)
- L@YC Women's shoes Silk Low Heel Peep Toe Sandals Wedding Party & Evening
- Kyle Walsh Pa Women Pumps Open Toe Woman Summer Sandals Pointed Sexy Party Casual High Heels
- YDN Women Open Toe Mid Block Heel Strappy Gladiator Sandals Cutout Slide Mules shoes
- Kirabon Ladies Fashion Pointed High Heels Suede Comfortable Thick Heels Professional OL Women's shoes (color Grey, Size 39)
- SOUL Naturalizer Women's Kaila Flat Sandal Black
- Navy Skechers Womens Ultra Flex - Free Spirit Sneaker
- Men's Business shoes Dress shoes Breathable Casual shoes Fashion Trend New
- Crova Mens Womens Snow Boots Winter Lightweight Anti-Slip Waterproof Fur Lined Cold Weather shoes Black
- Ecco Footwear Womens Women's Touch Sneaker
- Brooks Men 's Addiction Walker Walking Zapato, color whiteo, size 11 D White
- Extra Large Men's Breathable Sandals Summer Genuine Leather Closed-Toe Casual Slippers for Pool Fishing Beach shoes
- Rockport Men's Truflex Lace to Toe Sneaker
- Joma Top Flex 404 Indoor - Men's Futsal shoes - Size (EU 40.5 - CM 26 - UK 6.5)
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.